Google

Friday, January 27, 2006

idiot-ology


Let's get something straight: There are no issues on this planet; only people's competing interests. Ideology is about money and prejudice. I don't believe in ideology. I do believe in money and prejudice.

Here's an example: Liberals say there should be no bullying in the school yard. Old-fashioned conservatives say bullying belongs in the school yard; it's an important life lesson. Modern conservatives say: If someone hits my kid I want the full weight of the law to crush that bully. But if my kid hits somebody else then obviously the other kid deserved it and he should take it like a man instead of a cry-baby.

This course called Making Cognitive Dissonance work for you was the most important piece of my curriculum back on Andulusa where I studied diligently for my MFA degree. I majored not in Law or Economics but in something far more profound from which all the other disciplines are derived: Bullshit. It's taken me to where I am today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get yours FREE Today!

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home